Your hairstyle is an extension of your personality, so your tresses should be treated with care. But sometimes, your schedule keeps you from giving your locks the attention they deserve. A 2-in-1 shampoo can help you streamline your shower when you need to shave time from your routine.
Maintaining healthy, sleek hair can be quite the hassle. You purchase hundreds of hair care products and various combinations of shampoo and conditioner just to try to achieve silky smooth hair. You search for a shampoo to cleanse your hair and a conditioner to soften it; but in truth, you end up spending more than you wanted to… and spend even more time in the shower washing your hair.
Wary customers can rest assured that there’s a 2-in-1 shampoo for them, no matter what type of hair they have. Early combo formulas only worked on “easy” hair: not too oily, not too dry, not too thick. But today, there’s a 2-in-1 shampoo for thin hair, curly hair, color-treated hair, and more. Which one will save you time and space on your shower shelf? Keep reading to learn more.
5 Best 2-in-1 Shampoos in 2021:
Just for Men GX complete our best 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioners roundup. Formulated for men, it is a perfect choice for fellas who want more than a deep cleanse. Indeed, GX will get rid of deposits on your scalp while conditioning your strands.
Even more impressive, it will gradually reduce gray hair, giving your head a youthful, revitalized look. Plus, regular use makes it easy for you to color your hair.
It will help keep your strands long and strong with a supple overall appearance. Men who have used it say it provides visible results in one to two weeks of cleansing your hair.
It is essential to mention that while Just for Men GX will de-tangle and improve your hair and scalp you should conduct a preliminary allergy test 48 hours before using the treatment. Be cautious if you have sensitive skin. Plus, be sure to read the product’s label for directions of use. GX works for black to light brown hair.
- Gradually reduces gray, cleans, conditions and revitalizes hair
- It makes using a facility hair color radically simple
- Provides delicate, natural-looking results
- Do not use on hair that has been bleached, lightened, colored or highlighted
As with many of the brands featured on our list, Garnier is among those well-known brands in the hair care industry. With this product, we have no doubt as to why that may be! The Garnier Fructis Daily Care 2-in-1 Shampoo is a quality product in its own right with its top-notch features.
This 2-in-1 shampoo works intensely to strengthen the hair and condition the surface for a healthy shine. The 2-in-1 shampoo also contains fortifying “fruit science” (whatever that means). This product blends grapefruit antioxidant and natural protein to effectively strengthen and nourish your hair and to maintain its health.
This 2-in-1 shampoo also smoothes your hair and provides luster and shine while giving your hair a boost of energy. This shampoo is dedicated to revitalizing each of your hair follicles for the ultimate moisture and replenishment. This shampoo is gentle on hair and can thus be used everyday though some customers have stated the product works so well, they can use it every other day.
Customers also say that the product contains a light, pleasant floral scent. The shampoo bottle is also recyclable, being made from 30% recycled plastic. The product also works primarily for normal hair. Nevertheless, if you have a normal hair type and like what you’ve heard about this product, we recommend trying it!
- Silk and soy protein in this shampoo make the hair healthy and shiny
- Can be used on all hair types
- Best used on dry, frizzy, coarse, and damaged hair
- Contains the signature scent of Finesse, made in the USA
- Also helps in reducing hair fall
- May not be great for conditioning
Surf’s Up is the best 2 in 1 conditioner for kids on this roster. A sweet drop of this formula will keep your little monster’s hair clean, fresh and lustrous.
As you’d expect with a treatment for kids, Surf’s Up is mild and gentle. It has no harsh ingredients, and you can bet that it’s safe to use on your child’s delicate scalp. More specifically, it has undergone ophthalmologist testing. It is tear-free too.
The Surf’s Up doesn’t contain fragrance. Why is this critical? Well, it allows you to use it on all kids – including asthmatics and those with sensitivity toward strong scent.
Surf’s Up action on your child’s hair is remarkable –in the words of satisfied parents. Regular use will help minimize split ends and tangles, giving your little bundle of joy soft, easy-to-manage hair. The shampoo provides a refreshing feel without leaving a residue after rinsing.
- Delivers quick results
- Great for sensitive scalp
- Dries your hair at the beginning
Pert shows that it knows how to get the job done with this product. The Pert Plus 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is a product that means business with its straightforward features. The 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner gently but thoroughly cleans and conditions your hair (doing what a shampoo and conditioner is supposed to do), all while removing and buildup from your scalp.
Have hair that gets oily often? Not a problem for this 2-in-1 shampoo which will take care of any excess oil your hair holds. Best of all, though this hair is targeted at people with normal hair types, it also works effectively on color-treated hair.
Besides gently cleansing and conditioning, this 2-in-1 shampoo also works to keep your hair manageable. If you’re one who suffers with tangles and frizz, then this product’s got you covered. You can even use this product every day, due to its gentle formula. You’ll get a pack of 4 of these 25.4-ounce bottles of 2-in-1 shampoo.
What isn’t so great is that this product contains sulfates (which can cause skin irritation) and the liquid has been said to be “quite loose” as some customers describe. Nevertheless, if you don’t have sensitive skin and you’re looking for a no-nonsense 2-in1 shampoo and conditioner, this product could be just what you’re looking for.
- This is ideal for everyday use
- It contains No parabens, and the bottle is made using recycled plastic
- Makes hair stronger and shinier
- Achieve soft and shiny hair by using the product as recommended
- Might leave the hair a little greasy
The L’Oreal Extra Gentle 2-in-1 Shampoo is the perfect option for kids and babies. This shampoo features a beautiful strawberry scent that your children will love. You won’t have to worry about it burning your children’s eyes or skin as the gentle formula has been ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested to ensure that it is safe and pain-free for your kids. The 2-in-1 shampoo is infused with hydrating and conditioning elements that leave your child’s hair looking and feeling soft, healthy, and free of knots.
With Pyrithione Zinc as the active ingredient, the shampoo fights dandruff and flakes to make the scalp clean and refreshed. It also reduces itching and dryness associated with dandruff. The 2-in-1 formula cleanses the scalp while hydrating it. It has a light scent the leaves the hair smelling fresh.
- One product for cleansing and moisturizing
- Regular usage results in dandruff-free scalp and hair
- Available at an affordable price
- May not be suitable for colored hair
How to find the best shampoo for your hair type
With endless options lining hair product aisles, where to start? First, zero in on your hair type or issue, then identify key terms related to it on product packaging. Here, what language to look for based on common hair concerns and conditions, according to the Beauty Lab:
- Dry hair, shop “moisturizing,” “hydrating,” “nourishing,” “replenishing” or “softening.” These shampoo and conditioner formulations are made with higher quantities of conditioning ingredients to coat strands, making them silkier and more supple.
- Thin/flat hair, look for“volumizing,” “thickening,” “bodifying,” “fullness” or, to remove excess oil or buildup, “clarifying.” These are formulated with the lowest level of conditioning ingredients, which can weigh down fine strands.
- Damaged hair, look for “strengthening,” “repair,” “damage repair,” “reconstructing,” “fortifying” or “anti-breakage.” These picks provide the highest dose of conditioning to replenish moisture and protect strands that are over-processed due to chemical treatments (like coloring), heat (from hair dryers and heat tools), or mechanical damage (e.g., brushing).
- Frizzy hair, shop “smoothing,” “polishing,”“frizz control,” “frizz protection” or “anti-frizz.” Your strands need good conditioning in both shampoo and conditioner formulas to infuse hydration and to smooth hair’s surface, preventing pouf.
- Thinner shampoos may be best for children who wash their own hair. A young person may have difficulty fully rinsing a thicker formula, so a thinner one might be better.
- Shampoo/conditioner combos that forego parabens are healthier for your hair. Avoid sulfates, too, unless your hair is naturally oily.
- Most conditions instruct you to leave conditioner on your hair for three minutes before rinsing so the moisture can soak in. This three-minute rule doesn’t apply to 2-in-1 shampoos because the conditioning agents aren’t released into your hair until you rinse the shampoo out.